Composition in Film Storyboard

 

-Storyboard done in class along with classmates


Composition: the way the visual elements of a scene are arranged in relation to each other in a camera frame. 

My classmates and I were tasked with making a storyboard that accurately depicts the compositions and techniques we were given. We had to go around our school and capture the shots we wanted to use. My groupmates and I even chose to use some of our fellow students as actors and actresses. My composition category was blocking and within that category is 2 techniques called shapes and leading lines. Blocking is the precise staging of actors in a performance and Leading lines is using elements within your environment to create a visual pathway to the subject or focal point. I demonstrated this by simply asking my friend to walk down our school's courtyard by herself to signify the lonely feeling I wanted the viewer to feel. For shapes in order to demonstrate this technique I had my friends simply walk down our school's hallway holding hands to form a heart shape to connect with the viewer. 
   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Script Outline Part 1